To be the Premier Professional Organization for excellence in Management.
To play a catalytic role in inspiring managers to be leaders.
To provide a forum for sharing knowledge and best practices, and for Continuous Professional Development.
To promote and acquire the highest standards of professional conduct and ethical values amongst members.
Creating an exclusive grade of membership for leading CEO’s in the profession.
Mobilize local and foreign financial resources to upgrade the physical facilities of the Institute.
Establishing and maintaining relationships with local and foreign Professional Institute.
Providing need-based services to members to ensure their commitment, and to enroll a pool of young members.
Upgrade the standards of on going Professional Development Programmes in keeping with the modern trends.
Introducing “Certified Professional Manager” status for members.
The objects for which the Institute is established are:
- To promote professional management among all its members, by furthering, through its own activities and those of its member Institutions and Organizations, research, education, discussions, training and development in the fields of Management.
- To collaborate, liaise with, and strengthen the interests, activities and functions of all Institutions representing the various functional disciplines of Management
- To assist in the formation and development of Institutions in new fields of Management hitherto unrepresented in the Country.
- To foster public interest in, and to increase public awareness of, the importance of effective Management practices for the development of Sri Lanka
- To broadbase and make representational the policy – making and decision – making structures of the Institute by drawing representations from bodies operating in the various disciplines of Management
- To establish a Secretariat for the promotion of the objects of the Institute and the conduct of its business and activities.
- To promote and foster a high code of professional conduct amongst all persons engaged in the practice of Management
- To establish and promote representational links with Regional and International bodies embracing the totality of the Management function.
- To undertake activities that will provide fellowship and a sense of identity and community among the members of the Institute.